Monday, April 24, 2017

Garden 3.0 (Week 5)

The peas are finally showing some life. I've had an idea of putting a trellis next to them so that they can grow rather than just flop on the ground like in years past. I'm still trying to figure out what the best, cheapest method will be since the rows are pretty long. Stay tuned to see how it's going to happen. (On a side note, I received feedback that the patch of grass I was blogging about was not very interesting, especially when compared to Sugar Snap Peas. Therefore I've pulled it from the blog)
Also, notice the circle patch of plants in the background. I believe they are volunteer sunflowers from last year, because of that, I will let them grow for a month or two to see if that's the case.

4 comments:

Vain Janglings said...

Not going to lie, I don't see much of a change from last weeks picture. What is the circle area in the back of the picture filled with? Cannabis Ruderalis, aka Bubonic Chronic?

Shawn Hoth said...

Thanks for your comments Mr. Vain Janglings. That's a very good question in regards to the circle of plants in the back of the picture. I don't know what you have planted in your backyard, but these are the volunteer sunflowers from last year's crop.

Anonymous said...

Hello Shawn.

I apologize for not posting quickly. I have been busy fighting a breastfeeding case with Nordstrom because my life doesn't have a lot of purpose right now. Anyway, you don't need to hear my story (but the rest of Utah does), so I will get to the point. Thank you for the blog post. Sometimes I feel like I am you and you are me. At least, I pretend I'm you... because you stole my life. So pretending helps me discard my bags of hate.

I think we are pretty similar, you and I...minus the fact that I could pass for Gordon Hayward and you, for Will Ferrell, but it's NOT a competition - we both simply want to see our families and say "Daddy's Home!".

I digress, I believe the trellis will help your peas. I hope it doesn't but I'm glad for you if it does. You understand. As for the alleged jane you are growing in the back, keep it hydrated and out of direct sunlight. Also, sprinkle sugar on it once per week, trust me. Oh and please bring back the grass patch. It wasn't much but something about a comeback story inspires me.

I'll have my comeback... my treat!

I would ask that you include more personal details in your blog posts. Maybe a live feed of your home or something chill like that - just shooting off some ideas. Anyway, keep us updated on the peas.

Signed

Anonymous





Anonymous said...

Hey Shawn,

Love the profile pic! I didn't know you were a Towhead! :)